The Vintage Car Club of New Zealand was formed initially to foster the preservation of older vehicles. The Club caters for not only cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles, but also stationary engines.
Categories within the Club are:
- Veteran : vehicles manufactured before 1918
- Vintage : vehicles manufactured from 1919 to 1931
- Post Vintage : vehicles manufactured from 1932 to 1945
- Post War Vehicles : vehicles manufactured from 1946 to 1960
- Post 1960 Vehicles : vehicles manufactured from 1961 to 1980
- Post 1980 Vehicles: vehicles manufactured from 1981 and that are in their 30th year or older
It is the policy of the Auckland Branch that all intending new members should apply to the Secretary for Membership Application forms and attend a "New Members" night, at which the application forms and all fees should be handed to the Secretary who will introduce them to Committee members present on the night, along with general members.
In order to join, it is necessary for two financial members of the Vintage Car Club to propose and second the application. This application then goes before Committee for approval, after which it is forwarded to the National Office for processing.
Currently the annual subscription is $104.65, plus an additional $50.00 facility fee (payable as a one off charge as a joining fee). Joint membership is available for an extra $13.80. All prices include GST.
The Clubrooms, situated at 39 Fairfax Avenue Penrose, are open every Thursday evening from 7.30pm until 10.30pm and on Saturdays from 4.30pm until 6.30pm.
Upon becoming a financial member, one may participate in rallies and meetings throughout the country at any one of the 35 branches.
Please complete the form below, and someone from the Comittee will be in touch.